Ian Wright urges Arsenal to avoid permanent deal for loanee (Details)

Arsenal legend, Ian Wright has urged Arsenal to avoid signing Dani Ceballos on a permanent deal this summer.

The Spanish midfielder joined on loan in July 2019 and has since made 77 appearances for the Gunners.

He’s been heavily linked with a long-term transfer alongside Real Madrid team-mate Martin Odegaard.

However, ian Wright has urged Arsenal to prioritise young players instead of Ceballos.

Ian Wright told Premier League Productions (via Metro): 

“I don’t think we should be signing Ceballos, I just don’t think he’s what we need now.

“I think that we’ve got young players coming through who should get an opportunity in front of Ceballos. If he’s going to do anything to stay at Arsenal it would’ve been seen already by now.”

When asked about the wider squad, Wright continued: “You say who’s vulnerable, you look at [Lucas] Torreira and [Matteo] Guendouzi, Joe Willock is doing very well at Newcastle, [William] Saliba’s doing well as well.

“You look at it and you think to yourself those players, every one of them apart from [Konstantinos] Mavropanos who’s not really had a chance [and] Saliba, maybe those players should be where they are.

“I’d like to see Joe Willock get an opportunity but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

“Odegaard is somebody who I’d like to see sign, but at the same time the people who are going to oversee who’s coming in and who’s going out are unfortunately the same people who signed Willian for three years.”

It’s thought that the Gunners will undergo a major transformation this summer, with many players expected to be sold and replaced.

But Wright doesn’t believe in the club chiefs and their ability to do this: “Are we going to give those people the power to try to do this overhaul? I don’t trust them. It worries me.

“As much as the manager is passionate and the players are working hard, I’m not sure I trust the people in charge to try and make stuff happen in the summer, to oversee that job. I don’t see them doing it.”

Post a Comment

0 Comments